Target Audience Research #1
The first magazine that I researched was National Geographic's Executive Edition from 2010. As you can see the gender rates are very close to equal as I hinted in my last post. It seems as if from the chart that those with $100,000 household income are two times more likely to read the magazine rather that those who have $150,000 household income. This suggests that middle class families read their magazine twice as much as wealthier families do. The median age for this magazine edition was 46 years old. Therefore, middle aged people purchase these magazines which could also mean that they have kids which will also read them at home. the age on the chart is just the age of the purchaser, not the age of the reader(s). Those who graduated college have the highest level of purchases for the magazine. They have 6,101 purchases while those who are postgraduate degree only have 2,959 purchases. Most of the people poled that purchase the magazines are business adults meaning that they are around places or marketing areas that influence them to purchase National Geographic magazines. They might view National Geographic magazines in waiting rooms and may even have some in their office waiting rooms. If I was marketing my magazine I would try to use every way of marketing possible. I would create a website, I would pay for a newspaper add, and I would try to get an add in other magazines also.

Comments
Post a Comment