Target Audience Research #2


The second magazine that I researched was TIME's Special Environment Issue magazine. The target audience age showed to be mostly older and younger people with the gender being close to equal with women a little higher percentage than men. I am assuming that the reason the younger aged audience is so high is due to student using these magazines for school projects in class. This magazine is very similar with my first considering that those with $100,000 household income are two times more likely to read the magazine rather that those who have $150,000 household income.  The median age for this magazine edition was 34 years old only because of the high percentage of teens and adults in their early 20's. However this edition did not tell me whether the statistics were from the purchasers or just poles from people who read it. Considering that the large majority of people related to the poles for this magazine are younger, their education level is still in school or in college.  Most of the people poled are younger and still in school meaning that they are around places that have TIME magazines such as, classrooms, waiting rooms, etc. I know that in my General Paper classroom we have a bookshelf filled with TIME magazines. If I was part of TIME magazine I would probably do the same as my last magazine and just use every mean of marketing.  If I was marketing my magazine I would try to use every way of marketing possible. I would create a website, I would pay for a newspaper add, and I would try to get an add in other magazines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Activity #5 Photo Shoot Schedules

Creative Critical Reflection Prezi